Archons and Toddlers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A pattern seems to be emerging

Ok final game for tonight.  For real.
Pre-game summary:

  • Platinum rank 35
  • I didn't really think about a plan, just went for it since I've played a lot of games tonight (for me anyway)
  • Where's my wife at anyway?
I drew a PvZ this time and had some trouble early with his drone blocking my cyber core placement.  I've seen it happen in cast games plenty but it's the first time it's been done to me.  I didn't want my core to be late so I just put it down in any old place and tried to patch the hole afterwards with a pylon.  It didn't work so well.  But in the end that didn't result in too much damage, it just flustered me a little.

I just tried to build up and expand as best I could and when it felt like I really needed to stop him from taking a third I moved out.  It turns out my timing was spot on as he told me after the game.  Having contained him to two bases I confidently expanded again and continued to build up assured in my knowledge that a 3 base protoss could handle a 2 base zerg.  Well my macro wasn't stellar and one thing lead to another...

And that brings us to our match highlight:
What an ugly engagement.  I've seen better decision making while watching my son run into stationary objects.

Post-game summary:

  • Platinum rank 38
  • I need to just go to bed
  • And give my wife a call...
  • Oh yeah, here's the replay link

2 Comments:

  • hey man, just read through all your blogs and I like it! nice down to earth recap of your games and it shows others how to improve as well! I'll keep following if you keep it up!

    By Anonymous JayWhyThree, At August 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

  • I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I plan to keep it up but I rarely play as much as I did last night so updates won't usually be that frequent. We'll see though.

    Any tips on either my posts here or my games if you watch the replays are appreciated!

    By Blogger David, At August 10, 2011 at 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home