Archons and Toddlers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Preparing for round 1

Okay, so I know my schedule doesn't make it easy to play on the ladder because you have to have a bit of time set aside without interruption. But I have to admit that part of the reason is also ladder anxiety. So I'm just going to tell myself right now that I'm going to lose some games. Probably a lot. But if I practiced my mechanics and learned something then no loss is really a bad thing.

So what's my plan? Pylons and probes, that's my plan. I am not going to get supply blocked and I'm going to keep making probes. Aside from that I'm fond of charge zealots, and I'd like to give the new and improved archons a spin. Of course I'll have to adjust to what my opponent is doing, but I'm not going to prioritize that so highly right now. So what scares me with zealots and archons? Well obviously things that can kill me before I get to the archons. And most things that can do that can be mitigated with sentries. So good force-fields are a priority. I'll be concentrating on gateway and twilight council tech, so that means I will lean towards getting a forge and using cannons for detection instead of observers.

It will be interesting to compare this to what actually happens in the replays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home