Archons and Toddlers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A kindred spirit

Pre-match summary:
  • Platinum rank 39
  • I'm going to stick to worrying about my macro until it's perfect, to heck with strategy (mostly)
This PvP started out with a nice surprise.  This fellow was the first one to recognize where my name, GooeyKabloey, comes from.  It's part of the title of Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie, referred to in some Calvin & Hobbes strips as Calvin's favorite bedtime story.  I know that I spelled it wrong, but it won't quite fit in the maximum length allowed for a battle net nickname, and I thought that with the missing 'o' GooeyKabloey looked better than GooeyKabloie.  Oh well.  Anyway, I have fond memories of reading Calvin & Hobbes from when I was as young as 6.  I'm going to share it with my son too when he starts reading.

As for my performance, I did pretty well, but not perfect.  I got supply blocked briefly at 34, 42, and 50.  So that's obviously no good.  And I was a little late on a few probes early on.  The other small mistake was that after maynarding about the right number of probes to my expansion I forgot to change my rally point from my main.  So there's some things I can smooth out there that would have sped up my build.

Match highlight:
The main conflict from this game.  Even though he had more immortals I won because I just had a bigger force and a little bit better of a concave.  I should have had all of my zealots in front and used guardian shield sooner though.
Post-match summary:
  • Platinum rank 34
  • Not bad macro, but I know what I can improve for next time
  • Replay link
I haven't been able to schedule my coaching session yet, but I'll post when I have a time for it.  It's mostly my fault since I don't know when I'll be available and my wife does most of the planning for stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home